ISP Engineer / Fibre Planner Required In South Africa (Cape Town)
+44 1277 635836
Job SummaryTangent International are urgently looking for a ISP Engineer / Fibre Planner to work a 6 month extendable contract based in South Africa (Cape Town)
- Produces fibre optic designs and modifications by studying the project objectives, researching and developing fibre optic engineering techniques and approaches, validating designs, supporting project implementation. Provides insights into Electronic systems, Electronic Testing design, Hardware Design Tools, Hardware Engineering Fundamentals
Educational and Work Experience
- Software to be used CAD, Small-world, GIS, Visio, MS Office
- Approximately 2 Years of drafting experience.
- Approximately 2 years Telecommunication experience is required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent drafting skills preferably with AutoCad is a must have requirement.
- Good Analytical and Design skills with some project management skills
- Ability to use a computer and computer software programs such as AutoCAD Microsoft word and excel.
- Fibre knowledge or experience in the field of Fibre optics is required.
-ability to deal with customers and maintaining high service levels as per client
-Manage ISP sub-contractors
-Liaison with GPON NOC
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's licence and an acceptable driving record.
- (Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.)
The job functions are:
-Manage all ISP installations
-Training of all aspects of GPON ISP
-Quality control of GPON ISP
-Liaison of all aspects with NOC
-Stock control of all ISP requirements and reporting
-Reporting of all daily and weekly
- Planning and designing of optic fibre network (routes and cabling) based on specified requirements as well as the safety requirements.
- Surveying fibre routes, capturing details and obstacles.
- Assist in the maintenance of records on the Optic Fibre Broadband Infrastructure Management System, Smallworld;
- Manages a team of fibre planners (in-house and/or outsourced) performing detailed planning to satisfy a specific planning and design requirement;
- Overseeing the operational aspects of fibre network planning, wayleaves processing and documentation and record keeping;
- Assists with budgetary requirements by providing cost estimates for a proposed solution;
- Scrutinises quotes and designs before submitting them for approval;
- Perform site visits to obtain as-built details.
- Collect construction information and add it to CAD files to create an accurate as-built record.
- Drive on and off road to construction as-built sites.
PLEASE STATE -
How much experience do you have working in the Telecommunication Industry?
How much experience as a ISP Engineer / Fibre Planner?
Do you have - drafting skills preferably with AutoCad experience ?
Do you have GPON experience ?
What is your availability ?
Where are you currently based ?
Alternatively, please get in contact with me to discuss your work situation and your current job expectations (position, location, rate, etc) and we will update the database and ensure that we only contact you for the relevant roles to your current job search.
If interested please send me your updated CV. Alternatively, if you aren't available please feel free to send my details to any friends that might be interested.
To Apply Complete The Form BelowComplete the form below (do not forget to upload your CV), an email will automatically be sent to the relevant consultant who will contact you shortly.